4 Year DPhil Prize Studentships cover University and College fees, a stipend of ~£16,777 pa, and up to £5,300 pa for research costs and travel. The competition is open to applicants from all countries. See View Website for full details and to apply.
1. Karlsson KR, Cowley S, Martinez FO, Shaw M, Minger SL, James W. Homogeneous monocytes and macrophages from human embryonic stem cells following coculture-free differentiation in M-CSF and IL-3. Exp Hematol. 2008;36(9):1167–75.
2. Van Wilgenburg B, Moore MD, James WS, Cowley SA. The productive entry pathway of HIV-1 in macrophages is dependent on endocytosis through lipid rafts containing CD4. PLoS One. 2014;9(1):e86071.
3. van Wilgenburg B, Browne C, Vowles J, Cowley SA. Efficient, Long Term Production of Monocyte-Derived Macrophages from Human Pluripotent Stem Cells under Partly-Defined and Fully-Defined Conditions. Covas DT, editor. PLoS One [Internet]. 2013 Aug 12 [cited 2018 May 15];8(8):e71098. Available from: http://dx.plos.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0071098
4. Haenseler W, Sansom S, Buchrieser J, Newey S, Moore C, Nicholls F, et al. A Highly Efficient Human Pluripotent Stem Cell Microglia Model Displays a Neuronal-Co-culture-Specific Expression Profile and Inflammatory Response. Stem Cell Reports [Internet]. 2017;8(6):1727–42. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.stemcr.2017.05.017
5. Buchrieser J, James W, Moore MD. Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Macrophages Share Ontogeny with MYB-Independent Tissue-Resident Macrophages. Stem Cell Reports. 2017;8(2):334–45.
6. Flynn R, Grundmann A, Renz P, Hänseler W, James W, Cowley S, et al. CRISPR-mediated genotypic and phenotypic correction of a chronic granulomatous disease mutation in human iPS cells. Exp Hematol [Internet]. 2015;43(10):838–48.
FTE Category A staff submitted: 223.80
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities