This project has a Band 2 fee. Details of our different fee bands can be found on our website (View Website). For information on how to apply for this project, please visit the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health Doctoral Academy website (View Website). Informal enquiries may be made directly to the primary supervisor.
1. Dever TE, Goss-Kinzy T, Pavitt GD (2016) Mechanism and regulation of protein synthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics 203:65-107
2. Castelli LM Talavera D, Mohammad-Qureshi SS, Kershaw CJ, Costello JL, Rowe W, Sims PF, Ashe MP, Grant CM, Hubbard SJ, and Pavitt GD (2015). The 4E-BP Caf20p mediates both eIF4E-dependent and independent repression of translation. PLOS Genetics 11:e1005233
3. Costello JL, Rowe W, Castelli LM, Kershaw CJ, Talavera D, Sims PF, Grant CM, Pavitt GD, Hubbard SJ and Ashe MP (2015) Global mRNA selection mechanisms for translation initiation. Genome Biology 16 (1), 10.
4. Kershaw CJ Costello JL, Castelli LM, Talavera D, Rowe W, Sims PF, Ashe MP, Hubbard SJ, Pavitt GD and Grant CM (2015) The yeast La Related Protein Slf1p is a Key Activator of Translation During the Oxidative Stress Response. PLOS Genetics 11(1):e1004903.
5. Jennings MD, Zhou Y, Mohammad-Qureshi SS, Bennett D, Pavitt GD (2013) eIF2B promotes eIF5 dissociation from eIF2•GDP to facilitate guanine nucleotide exchange for translation initiation. Genes Dev 27:2696-707