The Marine Perception research group, headed by Prof. Dr. Oliver Zielinski, is dedicated towards research and development of intelligent sensors and systems, applicable in marine or other aquatic environments. A focus area is the automated detection and classification of marine hazards by means of optical-physical sensor networks.
- Development of Machine Learning algorithms and systems for sensor Data Streams in the context of maritime applications.
- Participation in the acquisition and implementation of international research and development projects.
- Degree in computer science (MSc or equivalent) or a degree in another relevant subject with significant computer science elements.
- Good programming skills in at least one relevant programming language (e.g. Java, Python, C++, etc.).
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Some experience in Data Mining/analytics is an advantage.
- Enthusiasm to work in a dynamic and growing team.
- Ability to take initiative, good communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- The possibility to work on interdisciplinary research projects intersecting maritime applications, data science, sensor systems and High Performance Computing.
- Possibility to conduct research leading to a PhD.
- Excellent industry contacts and outstanding equipment.
- An innovative, agile and professional work environment in one of Germanys prominent IT locations.
We look forward to receiving your informative application documents and your earliest possible starting date.
Please contact Ms. Ursel Gerken for further information and send your application via E-Mail to [email protected]
The German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI) is Germany’s leading business-oriented research institution in the field of innovative software technologies based on artificial intelligence methods. In the international scientific community, DFKI ranks among the most recognized “Centers of Excellence” and currently is the biggest research center worldwide in the area of Artificial Intelligence and its application in terms of number of employees and the volume of external funds. The DFKI cooperates closely with national and international companies.
Severely disabled applicants and peers are given special consideration if they are equally suitable. The DFKI intends to increase the share of women in the field of science and therefore urges women to apply.