Applicants should possess or expect to obtain an equivalent of a First or Upper second Class Honours Degree in a social science, psychology, humanities or public health related field of study. Informal enquiries should be directed to Professor Carrie Llewellyn ([email protected]). Please see the website for fees.
The school will contribute up to a maximum of £3,000 for running costs, travel for interviews, 1 conference within Europe and 1 overseas return flight (if applicable). Additional costs will be funded by the student/students sponsor.
1. Baisley K, Seeley J, Siedner M, Koole K, Matthews P, Tanser F, et al. Findings from home‐based testing and facilitated linkage after scale‐up of test and treat in rural South Africa: young people still missing. HIV Med [Internet]. 2019 Nov 27 [cited 2019 Nov 20];20(10):704–8. Available from: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/hiv.12787
2. Pantelic M, Steinert JI, Park J, Mellors S, Murau F. “Management of a spoiled identity”: systematic review of interventions to address self-stigma among people living with and affected by HIV. BMJ Glob Heal [Internet]. 2019 Mar 19 [cited 2019 May 14];4(2):e001285. Available from: http://gh.bmj.com/lookup/doi/10.1136/bmjgh-2018-001285
3. Pantelic M, Boyes M, Cluver L, Meinck F. HIV, violence, blame and shame : pathways of risk to internalized HIV stigma among South African adolescents living with HIV. J Int AIDS Soc [Internet]. 2017;20(1):1–9. Available from: https://doi.org/10.7448/IAS.20.1.21771
4. Earnshaw VA, Bogart LM, Laurenceau J-P, Chan BT, Maughan-Brown BG, Dietrich JJ, et al. Internalized HIV stigma, ART initiation and HIV-1 RNA suppression in South Africa: exploring avoidant coping as a longitudinal mediator. J Int AIDS Soc [Internet]. 2018 Oct 1 [cited 2018 Nov 29];21(10):e25198. Available from: http://doi.wiley.com/10.1002/jia2.25198
5. Sawyer C, Ayers A, Field SP. Posttraumatic growth and adjustment 1 Running head: POSTTRAUMATIC GROWTH AND ADJUSTMENT Posttraumatic Growth and Adjustment among Individuals with Cancer or HIV/AIDS: A Meta-Analysis. 2010.
6. Pantelic M, Shenderovich Y, Cluver L, Boyes M. Predictors and correlates of internalised HIV-related stigma: A systematic review of studies in Sub-Saharan Africa. Health Psychol Rev [Internet]. 2015 Jan [cited 2016 Feb 8];9(4):469–90. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25559431
7. Betancourt TS, Meyers-Ohki SE, Charrow a, Hansen N. Research Review: Mental health and resilience in HIV/AIDS-affected children: a review of the literature and recommendations for future research. J Child Psychol Psychiatry [Internet]. 2012 Sep 4 [cited 2013 Mar 6]; Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22943414
8. Pantelic M, Stegling C, Shackleton S, Restoy E. Power to participants: a call for person-centred HIV prevention services and research. J Int AIDS Soc [Internet]. 2018 Oct [cited 2018 Oct 22];21:e25167. Available from: http://doi.wiley.com/10.1002/jia2.25167
In order to apply please visit University of Brighton website. Please contact the BSMS Doctoral and Research Officer ([email protected]) with any queries.