This 4 year studentship is competition funded by the BBSRC MIBTP scheme: View Website
Deadline: January 12, 2020
Number of Studentships available: 50
Stipend: RCUK standard rate (plus travel allowance in Year 1 and a laptop).
The Midlands Integrative Biosciences Training Partnership 2020 (MIBTP2020) is a BBSRC-funded doctoral training partnership between the Universities of Warwick, Birmingham, Leicester, Aston and Harper Adams. It delivers innovative, world-class research training across the Life Sciences to boost the growing Bioeconomy across the UK.
To check your eligibility to apply for this project please visit: View Website
For further information contact Andy Turnell: [email protected]
(1) Peters JM. The anaphase promoting complex/cyclosome: a machine designed to destroy (2006) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 7:644-56;
(2) Chang L et al. (2015). Atomic structure of the APC/C and its mechanism of protein ubiquitination Nature 522:450-454.
(3) Fujimitsu K et al. (2016) Cyclin-dependent kinase 1-dependent activation of APC/C ubiquitin ligase. Science 352:1121-1124.
(4) Turnell AS et al. (2005) The APC/C and CBP/p300 cooperate to regulate transcription and cell-cycle progression. Nature 438:690-695. (5) Sedgwick GG et al. (2013) Transcriptional Intermediary Factor 1 gamma binds to the Anaphase-Promoting Complex/Cyclosome and promotes mitosis. Oncogene 32: 4622-4633.
(6) Townsend K et al. (2009) MDC1 regulates mitotic progression. J. Biol. Chem. 284:33939-48.
(7) Kucharski TJ et al (2017) Reciprocal regulation between 53BP1 and the Anaphase-Promoting Complex/Cyclosome is required for genomic stability in response to mitotic stress. Cell Rep. 18(8):1982-1995.