The PhD position is a joint research project between the James Hutton Institute, and the University of Warwick where the student will be registered. The position is fully funded according to UKRI rates. Applicants should have a first-class honours degree in a relevant subject or a 2.1 honours degree plus Masters (or equivalent).
1. Graham J, Hackett CA, Smith K, Woodhead M, MacKenzie K, Tierney I, Cooke D, Bayer M, Jennings N. (2011) Towards an understanding of the nature of resistance to Phytophthora root rot in red raspberry. Theor Appl Genet. 123:585-601.
2. Ohmiya, A. 2002. Characterisation of ABP19/20, sequence homologues of germin-like protein in Prunus persica L. Plant Science, 163: 683-689
3. Turnbull D, Yang L, Naqvi S, Breen S, Welsh L, Stephens J, Morris J, Boevink PC, Hedley PE, Zhan J, Birch PRJ, Gilroy EM.
(2017) RXLR Effector AVR2 Up-Regulates a Brassinosteroid-Responsive bHLH Transcription Factor to Suppress Immunity. Plant Physiol. 174:356-369.
4. Yang L, McLellan H, Naqvi S, He Q, Boevink PC, Armstrong M, Giuliani LM, Zhang W, Tian Z, Zhan J, Gilroy EM, Birch PR (2016) Potato NPH3/RPT2-Like Protein StNRL1, Targeted by a Phytophthora infestans RXLR Effector, Is a Susceptibility Factor. Plant Physiol. 171:645-57.
5. Eshraghi L, Anderson JP, Aryamanesh N, McComb JA, Shearer B, Hardy GS (2014) Suppression of the auxin response pathway enhances susceptibility to Phytophthora cinnamomi while phosphite-mediated resistance stimulates the auxin signalling pathway. BMC Plant Biol. 20;14:68.
6. Robert-Seilaniantz A, Grant M, Jones JD (2011) Hormone crosstalk in plant disease and defense: more than just jasmonate-salicylate antagonism. Annu Rev Phytopathol. 49:317-43.