This project is no longer listed on FindAPhD.com and may not be available.Click here to search FindAPhD.com for PhD studentship opportunities
Funding* will cover the student’s stipend at the current Research Council rate and University Fees. The studentships will be funded for three years in the first instance subject to eligibility**, with the possibility of additional funding in the fourth year depending on circumstances.
**The studentships are available to students who qualify for Home/EU fees
Applications from ineligible candidates will not be considered.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
1. Goldhill D.H., te Velthuis A.J.W., Fletcher R., Langat P., Zambon M., Lackenby A., Barclay WS.: The mechanism of resistance to favipiravir in influenza. PNAS. 115:11613-11618 (2018).
2. Te Velthuis A.J.W.*, Long J.C.+, Bauer D.L.V.+, Fan R., Yen,
H- L., Sharps J., Siegers J.Y., Killip M.J., French H., Oliva-Martin M.J., Randall R.E., De Wit E., Van Riel D., Poon L., Fodor E.*: Mini viral RNAs act as innate immune agonists during influenza virus infection. Nature Microbiol. 185, 1528 (2018).
3. Oymans J., Te Velthuis A.J.W.*: A mechanism for prime-realignment during influenza A virus replication. J Virol. pii: e01773-17 (2017).
4. Te Velthuis A.J.W., Fodor E.: Influenza virus RNA polymerase: insights into the mechanisms of viral RNA synthesis. Nature Rev Microbiol. 14: 479-493 (2016).
5. Te Velthuis A.J.W.*, Robb N.C., Kapanidis A.K., Fodor E.: The role of the priming loop in influenza A virus RNA synthesis. Nature Microbiol. 1:16029 (2016).