About the Project
This project aims to investigate and apply effective techniques and software (such as Artificial Intelligence, Optimisation and Reliability Methods) to improve the safety and reliability of autonomous vehicles.
The research topics could be one of the following research (not limited):
· Safety and Reliability. To study the factors of safety and reliability on autonomous vehicles and propose related simulation models.
· Object Detection. To develop more accuracy and efficiency of object detections. Artificial intelligence will be applied to model situation awareness around AVs.
· Optimisation. To develop fast decision-making system, including path planning.
· Data processing. To develop fast data processing algorithms for data collected from sensors.
· Large scale of optimisation of connected vehicles.
This research will be carried out in the Automotive Research Centre
The appointed PhD candidate is expected to have:
· A strong and solid background in computer science, optimisation or reliability.
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· The ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.