About the Project
New Zealand is part of the Australian Optical Communications Ground Segment Working Group. The Network will comprise optical telescopes across Australasia to enable optical communications as a service between ground and space. A goal of this research will be to integrate the New Zealand optical ground station node with the Network.
The ideal candidate will have skills or experience in
* Applied optoelectronics, optical instrumentation design, astronomical instrumentation,
* Practical astronomy, astronomical observations,
* Electronics, microelectronics and embedded programming,
* Scientific computer programming, experimental data acquisition
*Data analysis, modelling,
The PhD student will be a part of Te Pūnaha Ātea Auckland Space Institute, at The University of Auckland (space.ac.nz).
The Space Institute/Te Pūnaha Ātea is a multidisciplinary centre of expertise in space science and engineering, including a capability to execute space missions and develop applications.
Our institutional mission is to create, disseminate and exploit knowledge to support and enhance the development of the New Zealand Space Sector. Through our strategic partnerships, we have direct access to space that enables in-orbit demonstrations of technologies, and we are developing a multifunctional mission control capability to operate satellites and payloads, transforming raw data in useful information.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please follow these guidelines:
* Check your eligibility to take a PhD at The University of Auckland at Check your eligibility to take a PhD at The University of Auckland at https://www.auckland.ac.nz/en/study/applications-and-admissions/entry-requirements/postgraduate-entry-requirements/doctoral-entry-requirements.html
* Please give an outline (500 words) of your intended topic and areas of interest for doctoral study. When you detail your research interest, please ensure you succinctly record:
---- The area of research which particularly interests you.
---- Why you have chosen this area.
---- What you hope to achieve during your studies at the University of Auckland.
---- Email your statement, CV and academic record (including grades and subjects) to the contacts for this position.
Before you enquire after this opportunity, please take the time to review how your skills and experience will support your research plans and build off our existing research programme.
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.