Become part of our strong team! Aalen University is one of the most research-intensive universities of applied sciences in Germany. Regionally, nationally and internationally, Aalen University has been a reliable partner for over 50 years – for students, staff and lecturers, for local communities, the economy and more than 130 international cooperation partners. We attach great importance to modern and futureoriented teaching because the combination of theory and practice is crucial for us.
Aalen University of Applied Sciences is looking for a PhD Student.
- Part-Time 50% (19.75 hrs/week) –
to work with Professor Mahyar Mahinzaeim at the Research Center for Complex Systems (RCS) on Spectral and Stability Properties of Dynamical Systems on Networks. This is a 36-month fixed-term position, expected to be extended further.
The successful candidate will be a member of the Infinite-Dimensional Systems group and study the math-ematics of a number of problems that arise in the spectral and stability theory of linear elastic systems on networks. She/He/They will have the opportunity to interact and collaborate closely with leading interna-tional research groups, including the Applied Mathematics group at Tianjin University, as well as groups at Beijing Institute of Technology, in the UK and Europe. It will also be possible to undertake a collaborative PhD with Aalen University and Queen Mary University of London.
• For the PhD Student position, candidates will have a Master’s (or equivalent) degree in mathematics, cybernetics or a related discipline.
• For the Postdoctoral Research Associate position, candidates will have, or be close to completing, a PhD in mathematics, cybernetics or a related discipline.
• You will have sufficient specialist knowledge in partial differential equations, complex and functional analysis, basic operator theory, and spectral theory.
• You possess the independence and ability to undertake high-quality research.
• You will have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, including the ability to write for publication, present research results at conferences or public meetings, and represent the research group at seminars/meetings.
• You will have strong English written and verbal communication skills (German language skills are not essential).
- A crisis-proof job
- An exciting and varied field of activity
- Cooperation in a friendly and motivated team
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours
- A company pension scheme (supplementary pension)
- Attractive company health management offers
- Modern office equipment
- Regular opportunities for further training
- A Job ticket from the state of Baden-Württemberg
- Childcare spots in the Einsteinchen day care centre at Aalen University of Applied Sciences
The position is limited to three years (with the possibility of extension for another three years) with flexible hours. If the legal and personal requirements are met, the position will be classified up to pay group E13 of the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states (TV-L). Severely disabled persons who apply will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified. Further information can be found at www.hs-aalen.de/sbv.
Aalen University aims to increase its proportion of women and therefore expressly encourages qualified women to apply. For further information, please contact the Equal Opportunities Officer, Miss Sabine Gold https://www.hs-aalen.de/chancengleichheit/
Ask Us! Would you like to learn more about this position? Please feel free to contact Professor Mahinzaeim on [Email Address Removed].
Are you interested? Then we look forward to receiving your detailed application (reference number 22-09-03) by 16.10.2022 via our online application portal www.hs-aalen.de/stellen.