About the Project
Open until the position is filled
The candidate should have a first class or upper second class honours degree, or a master’s degree (or equivalent qualification), in Applied Mathematics. Evidence of good spoken and written English is essential. The candidate should have an IELTS score of 6.5 or above, if the first language is not English. This position is open to all qualified candidates irrespective of nationality.
The student will be awarded a PhD degree from the University of Liverpool (UK) upon successful completion of the program.
Stability theory of the steady states and traveling wave solutions for reaction diffusion equations is an important area in contemporary applied mathematics. In this project, we will study the stability of the traveling wave solution together with its steady states for a class of reaction diffusion systems arising in combustion theory and chemical models and further investigate additional models such as modeling of exothermic and endothermic chemical reactions for practical applications of these results.
For more information about doctoral scholarship and PhD programme at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU): Please visit
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are advised to email [email protected] (XJTLU principal supervisor’s email address) the following documents for initial review and assessment (please put the project title in the subject line).
• Two reference letters with company/university letterhead
• Personal statement outlining your interest in the position
• Proof of English language proficiency (an IELTS score of 6.5 or above)
• Verified school transcripts in both Chinese and English (for international students, only the English version is required)
• Verified certificates of education qualifications in both Chinese and English (for international students, only the English version is required)
• PDF copy of Master Degree dissertation (or an equivalent writing sample) and examiners reports available
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.