This project has a Band 2 fee. Details of our different fee bands can be found on our website (View Website). For information on how to apply for this project, please visit the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health Doctoral Academy website (View Website).
Informal enquiries may be made directly to the primary supervisor ([email protected]).
1. Cossu et al. 2015. Intra-arterial transplantation of HLA-matched mesoangioblasts in DMD. EMBO Mol. Med. 7, 1513.
2. Tedesco & Cossu. 2012. Stem cell therapies for muscle disorders. Curr. Op. Neurol. 25:597-603.
3. Tedesco et al. 2012. Transplantation of Genetically Corrected Human iPSC-Derived Progenitors in Mice with Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy. Science Translational Medicine 4:140ra89.
3. Gargioli et al. 2008 PlGF-MMP9 expressing cells restore microcirculation and efficacy of cell therapy in old dystrophic mice. Nature Medicine 14:973-8.
4. Sampaolesi et al. Mesoangioblast stem cells ameliorate muscle function in dystrophic dogs. Nature 444, 574.
Sampaolesi et al. 2003. Cell therapy of alpha sarcoglican null dystrophic mice trhough intra-arterial delivery of mesoangioblasts. Science 301, 487.