This studentship is open to Home/EU students and includes a stipend and fees for 4 years. Candidates must have a strong background in Synthetic Organic or Medicinal/Biological Chemistry and have obtained a (i) or 2(i) [or equivalent for EU students] degree.
Candidates who are interested in this position are encouraged to send their CV, a letter of motivation to undertake PhD studies, and contact details of two referees to [email protected] as soon as possible.
The studentship will remain open until filled with interviews organised as applications are received.
1. Padroni, G.; Withers, J.M.; Taladriz-Sender, A.; Reichenbach, L.F.; Parkinson, J.A.; Burley, G.A. “Sequence-selective minor groove recognition of a DNA duplex containing synthetic genetic components” Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2019, 141, 9555.
2. Hatit, M.Z.C.; Reichenbach, L.F.; Tobin, JM.; Vilela, F.; Burley, G.A.; Watson, A.J.B. “A flow platform for degradation-free CuAAC bioconjugation” Nature Communications 2018, 9, 4021.
3. Jobbins, A.M.; Reichenbach, L.F.; Lucas, C.M.; Hudson, A.J.; Burley. G.A.; Eperon. I.C. “The mechanisms of a mammalian splicing enhancer” Nucleic Acid Research, 2018, 46, 2145.
4. Weldon, C.; Behm-Ansmant, I.; Hurley, L.H.; Burley, G.A.; Branlant, C.; Eperon, I.C.; Dominguez, C. "Identification of G-quadruplexes in functional RNAs using FOLDeR" Nature Chemical Biology, 2016, 13, 18.
5. Smith, L.D., Dickinson, R.L, Lucas,C.M., Cousins, A., Malygin, A.A., Weldon, C., Perrett, A.J., Bottrill, A.R., Searle, M.S., Burley, G.A., Eperon, I.C. "A targeted oligonucleotide enhancer of SMN2 exon 7 splicing forms competing quadruplex and protein complexes in functional conditions" Cell Reports, 2014, 9, 193.