About the Project
Many of the tools pioneered by our team are based on digital image processing / analysis with an ultimate goal of developing intelligent diagnostic instrumentation.
At present, we would only consider applications from prospective students with:
- a good biomedical or engineering/computing degree,
- good command of the English languages outlined in the postgraduate prospectus,
- competent with computers and data handling (ideally with Java programming skills),
- a source of funding to cover tuition fees and bench fees.
To be considered for this studentship, please send the following documents to [Email Address Removed]:
• A detailed CV, including your nationality and country of birth;
• Names and addresses of two referees;
• A covering letter highlighting your research experience/capabilities;
• Copies of your degree certificates with transcripts;
• Evidence of your proficiency in the English language, if applicable.
Landini G, Hirayama Y, Li TJ, Kitano M. Increased fractal complexity of the epithelial-connective tissue interface in the tongue of 4NQO-treated rats. Pathology Research and Practice 196, 251-258, 2000.
Iannaccone P, Morley S, Skimina T, Mullins J, Landini G. Cord-like mosaic patches in the adrenal cortex are fractal: implications for growth and development. FASEB Journal 17: 41-43, 2003.
Landini G, Othman IE. Estimation of tissue layer level by sequential morphological reconstruction. Journal of Microscopy, 209(2): 118-125, 2003.
Abu Eid R, Landini G. Quantification of the global and local complexity of the epithelial-connective tissue interface of normal, dysplastic and neoplastic oral mucosae using digital imaging. Pathology Research and Practice 199(7):475-482, 2003.
Landini G, Othman IE. Architectural analysis of oral cancer, dysplastic and normal epithelia. Cytometry A, 61A: 45-55, 2004.
Ward JP, Magar V, Franks SJ, Landini G. A model on the dynamics of odontogenic cyst growth. Analytical and Quantitative Cytology and Histology, 26 (1): 39-46, 2004.
Abu Eid R, Landini G. The Morphometry of Pseudoepitheliomatous Hyperplasia: An Objective Comparison to Normal and Dysplastic Oral Mucosae. Analytical and Quantitative Cytology and Histology 27(4): 232-40, 2005
Abu Eid R, Landini G. Morphometrical differences between pseudo-epitheliomatous hyperplasia in granular cell tumours and squamous cell carcinomas. Histopathology 48: 407-416, 2006.
Landini G. Quantitative analysis of the epithelial lining architecture in odontogenic cysts. Head and Face Medicine 2 (Feb):4, 2006
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.