About the Project
The Cluster of Excellence Balance of the Microverse invites applications for a
Doctoral Researcher Position (Ref. No. 09/2020)
to conduct research in the new junior research group of Dr. Martin Taubert,
hosted by Prof. Kirsten Küsel, on the project
Targeted “fishing” for microbial interaction partners
• A Master of Science (or equivalent) in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics or related fields. Candidates in the final stages of obtaining their degree are also eligible to apply
• Desirable methodological skills: molecular biology techniques, microbial culture techniques, high-throughput sequencing
• Highly motivated individuals with an interest in joining one of the interdisciplinary research areas of the Microverse Cluster
• The ability to work creatively and independently towards developing your own research project
• An integrative and cooperative personality with enthusiasm for actively participating in the dynamic Microverse community
• English communication skills, both written and spoken
• A highly communicative atmosphere within an energetic scientific network providing top-level research facilities
• A comprehensive mentoring program and soft skill courses for early career researchers
• Jena – City of Science: a young and lively town with a vibrant local cultural agenda
Applications are exclusively accepted via the JSMC Online Application Portal:
Please familiarize yourself with the currently available doctoral projects (www.microverse-cluster.de) and the application process as described in the Online Application Portal. Selected applicants will be invited to a recruitment meeting taking place in August. Awarding decisions will be announced shortly thereafter, and candidates are expected to be available to start their projects in early 2021.
Application deadline: 3rd December 2020
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.