Applications are invited from self-funded students. This project has a Band 3 fee. Details of our different fee bands can be found on our website (View Website). For information on how to apply for this project, please visit the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health Doctoral Academy website (View Website).
As an equal opportunities institution we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
• Garcia-Rodriguez KM, Goenka A, Alonso-Rasgado MT, Hernández-Pando R, Bulfone-Paus S. The Role of Mast Cells in Tuberculosis: Orchestrating Innate Immune Crosstalk? Front Immunol. 2017 Oct 17;8:1290. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2017.01290.
• Bulfone-Paus S, Nilsson G, Draber P, Blank U, Levi-Schaffer F. 2017.Positive and Negative Signals in Mast Cell Activation. Trends Immunol. doi: 10.1016/j.it.2017.01.008.
• Corbett D, Goldrick M, Fernandes VE, Davidge K, Poole RK, Andrew PW, Cavet J, Roberts IS. Listeria monocytogenes has both a bd-type and an aa3 -type terminal oxidase which allow growth in different oxygen levels and both are important in infection. Infect Immun. 2017 Aug 14. pii: IAI.00354-17. doi: 10.1128/IAI.00354-17.
• Bahri R, Custovic A, Korosec P, Tsoumani M, Barron M, Wu J, Sayers R, Weimann A, Ruiz-Garcia M, Patel N, Robb A, Shamji M.H., Fontanella S, Silar M, Mills C, Simpson A, Turner P.J. and Bulfone-Paus S. 2018. Mast cell activation test in the diagnosis of allergic disease and anaphylaxis. J Allergy Clin Immunol. pii: S0091-6749(18)30308-7.
• Jadkauskaite L, Bahri R, Farjo N, Farjo B, Jenkins G, Bhogal R, Haslam I, Bulfone-Paus S, Paus R. Nuclear factor (erythroid-derived 2)-like-2 pathway modulates substance P-induced human mast cell activation and degranulation in the hair follicle. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2018 May 31. pii: S0091-6749(18)30777-2. doi: 10.1016/j.jaci.2018.04.039.