This studentship is open to Home/EU students and includes a stipend and fees for 4 years.
Candidates must have a strong background in synthetic organic or medicinal/biological chemistry and have obtained a (i) or 2(i) [or equivalent for EU students] degree.
Candidates who are interested in this position are encouraged to send their CV and contact details of two referees to Professor Glenn Burley ([email protected]) before the 31st January, 2019 deadline.
1. Hatit, M.Z.C.; Reichenbach, L.F.; Tobin, JM.; Vilela, F.; Burley, G.A.; Watson, A.J.B. “A flow platform for degradation-free CuAAC bioconjugation” Nature Communications (2018) 9, 4021.
2. Hayatigolkhatmi, K.; Padroni, G.; Su, W.; Fang, L.; Gómez-Castañeda, E.; Hsieh, Y-C.; Jackson L.; Holyoake, T.L.; Pellicano, F.; Burley, G.A.; Jørgensen, H.G. “Investigation of a minor groove-binding polyamide targeted to E2F1 transcription factor in chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML) cells” Blood, Cells, Molecules and Disease (2018) 69, 119-122.
3. Padroni, G.; Parkinson, J.A.; Fox, K.R.; Burley, G.A. "Structural basis of DNA duplex distortion induced by a thiazole-containing polyamide" Nucleic Acids Research (2018) 46, 42-43.
4. Jobbins, A.M.; Reichenbach, L.F.; Lucas, C.M.; Hudson, A.J.; Burley, G.A.; Eperon, I.C. "The mechanisms of mammalian splicing enhancers" Nucleic Acids Research (2018) 46, 2145-2158.
5. Fallows, A.J., Singh, I., Dondi, R., Cullis, P.M. Burley, G.A. "Highly efficient synthesis of DNA-binding polyamides using a convergent fragment-based approach" Organic Letters (2014) 16, 4654-4657.
FTE Category A staff submitted: 35.40
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities