Outstanding scores in an undergraduate or a Master’s degree are required. Some experience in human immune cell biology or microscopy is required.
This project has a Band 3 fee. Details of our different fee bands can be found on our website (View Website). For information on how to apply for this project, please visit the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health Doctoral Academy website (View Website).
Informal enquiries may be made directly to the primary supervisor.
1. Davis. D.M. The Compatibility Gene, Penguin Books (2014)
2. Cartwright AN, Griggs J, Davis DM. The immune synapse clears and excludes molecules above a size threshold. Nature Commun. 19;5:5479 (2014)
3. Lagrue K, Carisey A, Morgan DJ, Chopra R, Davis DM. Lenalidomide augments actin remodeling and lowers NK-cell activation thresholds. Blood. 126:50-60, (2015)
4. Oszmiana A, Williamson DJ, Cordoba S-P, Morgan D.J, Kennedy P, Stacey K, Davis DM, The size of activating and inhibitory Killer Ig-like Receptor nanoclusters is controlled by the transmembrane sequence and impacts signaling. Cell Reports, 15, 1957-72 (2016).
5. Lopes F, Balint S, Davis DM, Nanoclusters of activating FcγRI segregate from inhibitory SIRPα and reorganize into concentric rings upon ligation at human macrophage surfaces, under review (2016).