This project is no longer listed in the FindAPhD
database and may not be available.
This studentship is only open to self-funding candidates. Self-funding candidates are expected to pay University fees and to provide their own living costs. University fee bands are shown at
Projects in Applied Sciences are typically costed at Band 3 or Band 4.
1. Guasp P, Barnea E, Gonzalez-Escribano MF, et al. The Behcet's disease-associated variant of the aminopeptidase ERAP1 shapes a low-affinity HLA-B*51 peptidome by differential subpeptidome processing. The Journal of biological chemistry 2017;292(23):9680-89. doi: 10.1074/jbc.M117.789180
2. Hinks A, Martin P, Flynn E, et al. Subtype specific genetic associations for juvenile idiopathic arthritis: ERAP1 with the enthesitis related arthritis subtype and IL23R with juvenile psoriatic arthritis. Arthritis research & therapy 2011;13(1):R12.
3. Reeves E, Colebatch-Bourn A, Elliott T, et al. Functionally distinct ERAP1 allotype combinations distinguish individuals with Ankylosing Spondylitis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2014;111(49):17594-9. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1408882111
4. Jaat FG, Hasan SF, Perry A, Cookson S, Murali S, Perry JD, Lanyon CV, De Soyza A, Todryk SM. Anti-bacterial antibody and T cell responses in bronchiectasis are differentially associated with lung colonization and disease. Respir Res. 2018 May 30;19(1):106.
5. Walker KM, Okitsu S, Porter DW, Duncan C, Amacker M, Pluschke G, Cavanagh DR, Hill AV, Todryk SM. Antibody and T-cell responses associated with experimental human malaria infection or vaccination show limited relationships. Immunology. 2015 May;145(1):71-81.
6. David B. Guiliano, Helen North, Eleni Panayoitou, Elaine C. Campbell, Amy Cameron, Keith Gould, Simon J. Powis and Antony N. Antoniou “Polymorphisms in the F pocket of HLA-B27 subtypes strongly impact on assembly, chaperone interactions and heavy chain misfolding,” Arthritis and Rheumatology 69, 610-621 2017
7. Esam T. Abualrous, Susanne Fritzsche, Zeynep Hein, Mohammed S. Al-Balushi, Peter Reinink, Louise H. Boyle, Ursula Wellbrock, Antony N. Antoniou and Sebastain Springer “F pocket flexibility influences the tapasin dependence of two differentially disease-associated MHC Class I proteins” European Journal of Immunology 45, 1248-57 2015
8. Joanna Giles, Jackie Shaw, Christopher Piper, Isabel Wong-Baeza, Kirsty McHugh, Anna Ridley, Demin Li, Izabela Lenart, Antony N. Antoniou, Katilin DiGleria, Kimiko Kuroki, Katsumi Maenaka, Paul Bowness and Simon Kollnberger “HLA-B27 homodimers and free heavy chains are stronger ligands for LILRB2 than classical HLA class 1” Journal of Immunology 188, 6184-93, 2012