About the Project
Candidates should have (or expect to achieve) a UK honours degree at 2.1 or above (or equivalent) in Civil/Mechanical Engineering; Materials Science/Engineering, or Metallurgy.
Knowledge of: Geotechnics; Soil Mechanics; Solid Mechanics; Experimental Mechanics.
• Apply for Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering
• State name of the lead supervisor as the Name of Proposed Supervisor
• State ‘Self-funded’ as Intended Source of Funding
• State the exact project title on the application form
When applying please ensure all required documents are attached:
• All degree certificates and transcripts (Undergraduate AND Postgraduate MSc-officially translated into English where necessary)
• Detailed CV
Informal inquiries can be made to Professor A Ivanovic (email@example.com), with a copy of your curriculum vitae and cover letter. All general enquiries should be directed to the Postgraduate Research School (firstname.lastname@example.org)
It is possible to undertake this project entirely by distance learning. Interested parties should contact Professor Ivanovic to discuss this.
Esmaeili M and Ivanović A, July 2015, ‘Analytical and numerical modelling of the interaction of rigid element with friction material’ In : Computers and Geotechnics. 68, p. 208-219 12 p.
Ziogos, A., Brown, M., Ivanovic, A. & Morgan, N., 3 Jun 2017, ‘Chalk-steel Interface testing for marine energy foundations’ In : PROCEEDINGS OF THE INSTITUTION OF CIVIL ENGINEERS-GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING. 173, 3, p. 285-298 14 p., 1600112.
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.