About the Project
Do we have to ‘reimagine’ and reconfigure the relationship between research and teaching in higher education and to engage learners in authentic research activities? How can we identify and establish integrative links between teaching and research and engage students in research and research-like activities while addressing the underpinning debate around critiques about the idea of the university, its core functions and the nature of academic knowledge. The aims of the project are:
• Identify strategies to bridge the boundaries between teaching and research within Universities with very different institutional histories and traditions
• Evaluate existing good practice and strategies to implement more research-informed teaching at UWS and across the wider Higher Education sector
• Develop an evaluative framework to support the development and articulation of the integration of research and teaching within the curriculum
This project will take a mixed- methods approach to address the research questions posed above by combining surveys, interviews, focus groups and analysis of teaching and learning related metrics.
Start Date:The intended start date of this project is April 2020. In exceptional circumstances an October 2020 start will be considered.
1. An Honours degree (2.1 or above) or Master’s in a relevant discipline
2. An ability to undertake research and work independently
3. An ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups
4. Applicants should be able to demonstrate an interest in the PhD topic
How to Apply
Please submit a one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria and a CV (maximum three pages) via email to UWS Academy ([Email Address Removed]) using the subject line ‘Application: Public Engagement in connecting Teaching and Research’.
Application deadline is the Thursday 30th April 5pm GMT. Interviews are likely to be scheduled in the week of 18th May.
For informal enquiries please contact Dr Stephanie Zihms ([Email Address Removed])
Studentships are open to Home/EU candidates with a degree in a relevant discipline. Non- EU students can apply, but will not receive the stipend and will be required to pay fees.
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.