About the Project
Candidates should have (or expect to achieve) a UK honours degree at 2.1 or above (or equivalent) in engineering or related discipline that includes fluid mechanics will provide the essential knowledge.
Essential background: civil or mechanical engineering or other relevant physical science.
Prior knowledge of the following would be beneficial but is not essential: sediment transport mechanics; laboratory measurements in fluid mechanics. APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
• Apply for Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering
• State name of the lead supervisor as the Name of Proposed Supervisor
• State ‘Self-funded’ as Intended Source of Funding
• State the exact project title on the application form
When applying please ensure all required documents are attached:
• All degree certificates and transcripts (Undergraduate AND Postgraduate MSc-officially translated into English where necessary)
• Detailed CV
Informal inquiries can be made to Prof T O’Donoghue (email@example.com), with a copy of your curriculum vitae and cover letter. All general enquiries should be directed to the Postgraduate Research School (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. O’Donoghue,T. and Wright, S. (2004), Concentrations in oscillatory sheet flow for well sorted and graded sands, Coastal Engineering, 50, 117-138.
3. Van der A, D., O’Donoghue, T. and Ribberink, J.S. (2010). Measurements of sheet flow transport in acceleration-skewed oscillatory flow and comparison with practical formulations, Coastal Engineering, 57 (3), 331-342.
4. Van der A, D., O’Donoghue, T., Davies, A.G. and J.S. Ribberink (2011). Experimental Study of Turbulent Boundary Layer in Acceleration-Skewed Oscillatory Flow. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol 684, 251-283.
5. Van der A, D., Ribberink, J.S., van der Werf, J.J., O’Donoghue, T., Buijsrogge, R.H., Kranenburg, W.M. (2013). Practical sand transport formula for non-breaking waves and currents. Coastal Engineering, 76, 26-42.
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.