The Trustees of The Medical College of Saint Bartholomew’s Hospital Trust (MCSBHT) have offered funding for three research studentships (two in medicine and one in dentistry), for clinically qualified candidates within the Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry to commence in October 2020, leading to a PhD degree.
Funded studentships will be open to potential students with a clinical qualification and GMC / GDC registration at any career stage below consultant. They will be funded for three years at current, MRC rates. Studentships will include PhD fees (at home/EU levels) and up to £6000 pa for consumables. Further consumables / funding for travel may be available on application.
• Ghosh SK, Gerken TA, Schneider KM, Feng Z, McCormick TS, Weinberg A (2007) Quantification of human beta-defensin-2 and -3 in body fluids: application for studies of innate immunity. Clin Chem 53: 757-765. PMID:17317882.
• Ghosh SK, McCormick TS, Weinberg A (2019) Human Beta Defensins and Cancer: Contradictions and Common Ground, Front. Oncol., 03 May 2019
• Jiang W, Ghosh SK, Flyckt R, Kalinowska M, Starks D, Jurevic R, Weinberg A, Lederman MM, Rodriguez B (2012) Bacterial colonization and beta defensins in the female genital tract in HIV infection. Curr HIV Res 10: 504-512. PMID:22716110.
• Jin G, Kawsar HI, Hirsch SA, Zeng C, Jia X, Feng Z, Ghosh SK, Zheng QY, Zhou A, McIntyre TM, Weinberg A (2010) An antimicrobial peptide regulates tumor-associated macrophage trafficking via the chemokine receptor CCR2, a model for tumorigenesis. PLoS One 5: e10993. PMID:20544025.
• Jin G,Weinberg A. Human antimicrobial peptides and cancer. Semin Cell Dev Biol. (2018) 88:156–62. doi: 10.1016/j.semcdb.2018.04.006
• Kawsar HI, Weinberg A, Hirsch SA, Venizelos A, Howell S, Jiang B, Jin G (2009) Overexpression of human beta-defensin-3 in oral dysplasia: potential role in macrophage trafficking. Oral Oncol 45: 696-702. PMID:19097930.
• Meisch JP, Nishimura M, Vogel RM, Sung HC, Bednarchik BA, Ghosh SK, Fu P, McCormick T, Weinberg A, Levine AD (2013) Human beta-defensin 3 peptide is increased and redistributed in Crohn's ileitis. Inflamm Bowel Dis 19: 942-953. PMID:23511030.
• Weinberg A, Jin G, Sieg S, McCormick TS. The yin and yang of human Beta-defensins in health and disease. Front Immunol. (2012) 3:294. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2012.00294
FTE Category A staff submitted: 144.11
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities