Project Ref: LIH109
Billie Uk Ltd currently works for bills related to energy companies but the company is now looking to extend this service to other household bills like Broadband and TV, Mobile Phones, Home Insurance, Car. The challenge for the company is that bills from different companies come in different formats. Also, Billbutler will always be faced with reading bills that comes from a new supplier whose bill format may be new. The technical challenge Billbutler faces is that of data extraction from the various utility bills.
The company wishes to develop a Universal Bill Reader that is able to extract relevant information from various electronic billing documents coming from various household utility and present the result in a format that the App can use to provide its service. The prototype developed will be incorporated into the App. The successful completion of the Mphil will include the following stages:
- Description of information fluxes
- Development of reader prototype
- Encapsulation of all developed software and software verification
- Documentation forming
- Formal Mphil completing
You will work closely with the sponsoring Leicester based SME and University of Leicester. Supervision will be provided by Dr Evgeny Mirkes and Dr Ayo Akinduko
Full project and entry requirements can be found at: https://www2.le.ac.uk/research-degrees/funding/scieng/LIH109ERDFMPhil_Maths.pdf
• Bachelor Degree with at least a UK 2.1 in computer science, mathematics or related disciplines
• Experience in algorithm development, software programming
• University English language requirements apply: https://le.ac.uk/study/research-degrees/entry-reqs/eng-lang-reqs
How to apply
You should submit your application using our online application system: https://www2.le.ac.uk/research-degrees/phd/applyphd
Apply for Mathematics Research
• In the funding section of the application, please select Studentship and in the dropdown menu, select ERDF MPhil project.
• In the Personal Statement section - please indicate clearly why you are interested in undertaking this research project and why you are the best candidate to help deliver the project objectives.
• In the Research Proposal Section please state: Applying for MPhil Project Ref: LIH0? no proposal required.
For informal enquiries about technical aspects of this Industrial MPhil please contact Dr Evgeny Mirkes: [email protected]
Contact Jenny Hollis ([email protected]
) for more information about the Leicester Innovation Hub.
Closing date for applications open until filled.