Rubitek’s flagship software solution, Rubitek Core, is a system designed to reduce the administrative burden and cost of delivery for employers and education providers whilst better engaging learners and bringing together the support and commitment from everyone involved in each learner's journey. The learner app in particular encourages improved learner engagement at every step of the journey.
The aim of this project is to develop a series of algorithms that will analyse input data from the apprentice/learner and their engagement with the software. These algorithms will be designed to detect changes in behaviour and / or attainment, and flag these as potential indicators of disengagement. This project will transform the learning journey, facilitating much earlier intervention and delivering improved retention and completion outcomes which in time will help to inform national policy around best practice intervention methods.
You will work closely with the sponsoring Leicestershire based SME and University of Leicester. Supervision will be provided by Prof Jeremy Levesley and Dr Ayo Akinduko.
• Bachelor Degree with at least a UK 2.1 in mathematics, computer science, or related disciplines
• Experience in algorithm development, software programming
• University English language requirements apply where applicable: https://le.ac.uk/study/research-degrees/entry-reqs/eng-lang-reqs
• Data analysis skills and statistical skills are essential for this project
• Software testing
• Research and network development
• Skills in programming languages (java, python, c++)
• Ability to build strong working relationships with core stakeholders (academics, sponsoring SME).
• Business engagement/development skills and aptitude.
• Effective English oral and written skills in order to communicate effectively.
• A self-starter who is able to work as part of a team.
How to apply
You should submit your application using our online application system: https://www2.le.ac.uk/research-degrees/phd/applyphd
Apply for a Mathematics Research
In the funding section of the application please indicate you wish to be considered for Project Ref: LIH221
In the proposal section please provide the name of the supervisor and project. Include a personal statement explaining your interest in the project and why we should consider you together with all other application documents.
Project / Funding Enquiries: Prof Jeremy Levesley: [email protected]
Contact Jenny Hollis ([email protected]
) for more information about the Leicester Innovation Hub.
Application enquiries to [email protected]
Closing date for applications - open until filled