By working with the University of Leicester on this industrial MPhil, the company aims to create a new capability ‘in-house’ which will enable them bring their idea of a unique, new, intelligent battery monitoring system to life and have a product design that can then be manufactured and sold to its customers both nationally and further afield (exports to Europe and the USA). Key deliverables as part of this MPhil will include:
Completion of an algorithmic software
Intelligent software coding
Completion of all hardware add-ons
Production of upgraded Battery Pod units enabling profits of £6,500
• Bachelor Degree with at least a UK 2.1 in computer science, or related disciplines
• Experience in algorithm development, software programming
• The University of Leicester English language requirements apply where applicable: https://le.ac.uk/study/research-degrees/entry-reqs/eng-lang-reqs
• Data analysis skills and statistical skills are essential for this project
• Software testing
• Research and network development
• Skills in programming languages (java, python, c++)
• Ability to build strong working relationships with core stakeholders (academics, sponsoring SME).
• Business engagement/development skills and aptitude.
• Effective English oral and written skills in order to communicate effectively.
• A self-starter who is able to work as part of a team.
Conditions to apply
The Leicester Innovation Hub is part-funded by European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). The MPhil student: must be a UK or EU (European Union) national; have graduated within the last 3 years in a related discipline; adhere to project confidentiality; at the start of the project assign any arising IP from the project; base their MPhil degree thesis on the research outcomes of the project; work closely with the SME company to undertake the research project; deliver monthly progress reports and a comprehensive project report to the University and sponsoring SME in addition to the MPhil thesis.
How to apply
You should submit your application using our online application system: https://www2.le.ac.uk/research-degrees/phd/applyphd
Apply for Engineering Research
In the funding section of the application please indicate you wish to be considered for LIH018 MPhil Studentship
In the proposal section please provide the name of the supervisor and project title.
Include a CV and a personal statement explaining your interest in the project and why we should consider you together with all other relevant application documents.
Project / Funding Enquiries: Dr Paul Lefley [email protected]
Application enquiries to [email protected]
Closing date for applications - open until filled