About the Project
Responsibilities evolve around medical image segmentation and processing from dicom images using VMTK and similar tools, use of machine learning algorithms, bash programming and meshing programs to run computational simulations and data post-processing in CFD, python, MATLAB and/or R on a cluster.
Strong problem-solving skills are required and the interest in and willingness to learn about cardiovascular physiology is important.
This position is suitable for students from computer sciences, mechanical/ biomedical/electrical engineering or bioinformatics. Previous research experience is highly desired.
Applicants must have:
- a GPA higher than 3.8/4.0 (for international students), or WAM >75 for Australian residents, and
- must come from a top 400 University for their under- and postgraduate study (QS, times or shanghai ranking), and
- have at least one ISI journal paper in the Q1 tier (or leading conference paper for computer sciences majors), and
- meet the UNSW English language requirements https://www.unsw.edu.au/english-requirements-policy#english-waivers, and
- intend on enrolling as a full-time HDR candidate in the commencing semester after successful application.
Students with a home country sponsored scholarship are welcome.
UNSW is the top engineering University in Australia, and top 35th in the world. It is renown for being progressive and inclusive, highly valuing diverse student and staff cohort. We have a lot of international students with diverse background.
Additional top-up scholarships are available for $10,000 per year.
Additional internal tutor opportunities to top-up your living allowance are also available all year around.
To find out more about the group see www.svmgroup.org .
Please apply with your CV, references and cover letter addressing all the selecting criteria.
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.