About the Project
The project aims to find an optimal solution for the aforementioned problem by proposing a trust management mechanism in the IoT. This might be performed through any recent emerging technologies including blockchain or AI techniques to overcome the security mechanisms of the IoT resources.
The candidate should have sound knowledge about IoT infrastructure (theoretically and practically) and be self-motivated to work hard to achieve the project objectives.
Skills Required: Java/Python programming, Mathematical Modelling, IoT simulators (Cooja/Contiki, iFog sim, NetSim etc)
This project is supervised by Dr Suleman Khan.
Eligibility and How to Apply:
Please note eligibility requirement:
• Academic excellence of the proposed student i.e. 2:1 (or equivalent GPA from non-UK universities [preference for 1st class honours]); or a Masters (preference for Merit or above); or APEL evidence of substantial practitioner achievement.
• Appropriate IELTS score, if required.
For further details of how to apply, entry requirements and the application form, see
Please note: Applications that do not include a research proposal of approximately 1,000 words (not a copy of the advert), or that do not include the advert reference (e.g. SF19/EE/CIS/KHAN) will not be considered.
Start Date: 1 March 2020 or 1 October 2020
Northumbria University takes pride in, and values, the quality and diversity of our staff. We welcome applications from all members of the community. The University holds an Athena SWAN Bronze award in recognition of our commitment to improving employment practices for the advancement of gender equality and is a member of the Euraxess network, which delivers information and support to professional researchers.
2. M A Manazir Ahsan, Ihsan Ali, Muhammad Imran, Mohd. Yamani Idna Idris, Suleman Khan, Anwar Khan, A Fog-centric Secure Cloud Storage Scheme, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Computing -(Accepted May-2019)
3. Bilal Khalid Dar, Munam Ali Shah, Saif ul Islam, Carsten Maple, Shafaq Mussadiq, Suleman Khan, Delay-Aware Accident Detection and Response System using Fog Computing, IEEE Access (ISI Indexed, Q1, Impact Factor 4.09)-2019
4. M A Manazir Ahsan, Ainuddin Wahid Bin Abdul Wahab, Mohd Yamani Idna Bin Idris, Suleman Khan, Eric Bachura, Kim-Kwang Raymond Choo CLASS: Cloud Log Assuring Soundness and Secrecy Scheme for Cloud Forensics, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Computing-2018
5. Abdelmuttlib Ibrahim Abdalla Ahmed, Suleman Khan, Abdullah Gani, Siti Hafizah Ab Hamid, Mohsen Guizani, Entropy-based Fuzzy AHP Model for Trustworthy Service Provider Selection in Internet of Things, The 43th IEEE conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN), October 1-4, 2018 Chicago, USA- (Core rank- A)
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.