The UPGRC Scholarships for Medicine, Dentistry & Health are 3.5 years in duration and cover fees and stipend at Home/EU level. Overseas students may apply but will need to fund the fee differential between Home and Overseas rate from another source.
This project is also being advertised for the China Scholarship Council Award, further details can be found here: View Website
Candidates should have, or expect to achieve a minimum of 2:1 Honours degree (or equivalent) in Biological Sciences or related discipline. Preference will be given to candidates with previous relevant laboratory experience.
1. Deugnier, M.A., Moiseyeva, E.P., Thiery, J.P. & Glukhova, M. Myoepithelial cell differentiation in the developing mammary gland: progressive acquisition of smooth muscle phenotype. Dev Dyn 204, 107-117 (1995).
2. Akhtar, N. & Streuli, C. An integrin–ILK–microtubule network orients cell polarity and lumen formation in glandular epithelium. Nature Cell Biology 15 (1), 17-27 (2013).
3. Cerchiari, A.E. et al. A strategy for tissue self-organization that is robust to cellular heterogeneity and plasticity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112, 2287-2292 (2015).
4. Maeda, T.T., Ajioka, I. & Nakajima, K. Computational cell model based on autonomous cell movement regulated by cell-cell signalling successfully recapitulates the ""inside and outside"" pattern of cell sorting. BMC Syst Biol 1, 43 (2007).
5. Osborne, J.M.F., A.G; Pitt-Francis, J.M; Maini, P.K; Gavaghan, D.J Comparing individual-based approaches to modelling the self-organization of multicellular tissues. bioRXiv (2016).