This project is funded by Hannah’s Willberry Wonder Pony Charity (HWWPC). Studentship funding is for a duration of three years to commence in September 2019 and covers UK/EU tuition fees and a stipend (£15,009 per annum 2019/20). Due to funding restrictions the studentship is open to UK and EU nationals with 3 years residency in the UK. If you are interested please make direct contact with the Supervisor to discuss the project . You MUST also submit an online application form - choose PhD Cancer Sciences
1. Kansara, M., Teng, M.W., Smyth, M.J. & Thomas, D.M. Translational biology of osteosarcoma. Nat Rev Cancer 14, 722-35 (2014).
2. Finegan, K.G. et al. ERK5 is a critical mediator of inflammation-driven cancer. Cancer Res 75, 742-53 (2015).
3. Tesser-Gamba, F. et al. MAPK7 and MAP2K4 as prognostic markers in osteosarcoma. Hum Pathol 43, 994-1002 (2012).
4. Endo-Munoz, L., Evdokiou, A. & Saunders, N.A. The role of osteoclasts and tumour-associated macrophages in osteosarcoma metastasis. Biochim Biophys Acta 1826, 434-42 (2012).
5. Nithianandarajah-Jones, G.N., Wilm, B., Goldring, C.E., Muller, J. & Cross, M.J. ERK5: structure, regulation and function. Cell Signal 24, 2187-96 (2012).