(1) O’Dowd BF et al. (1993). A human gene that shows identity with the gene encoding the angiotensin receptor is located on chromosome 11. Gene 136:355-360.
(2) Tatemoto K et al. (1998). Isolation and characterization of a novel endogenous peptide ligand for the human APJ receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 251:471-476.
(3) O’Carroll A-M et al. (2013). The apelin receptor APJ: journey from an orphan to a multifaceted regulator of homeostasis. Journal of Endocrinology 219:R13-R35.
(4) Chng SC et al. (2013). ELABELA: a hormone essential for heart development signals via the apelin receptor. Developmental Cell 27:672-680.
(5) Hassan AS et al. (2010). Expression of two novel transcripts in the mouse definitive endoderm. Gene Expr Patterns 10:127-134.
(6) Yang P et al. (2015). Apelin, Elabela/Toddler, and biased agonists as novel therapeutic agents in the cardiovascular system. Trends Pharmacol Sci 36:560-567.
(7) O’Carroll AM et al. (2017). Expression and functional implications of the renal apelinergic system in rodents.