You can apply for a 4 year BBSRC-funded doctoral fellowship (MIBTP): View Website.
Eligibility: UK/EU nationals, residence in the UK is NOT a pre-requisite. The deadline for these applications is January, 6th.
Non-UK students interested may apply for a Darwin Trust Scholarship.
We have a thriving community of International PhD students and encourage applications at any time from students of any nationality either able to fund their own studies or who wish to apply for their own funding (e.g. Commonwealth Scholarship Council, Islamic Development Bank).
For further information on funding see View Website
1. Brogna, S. and J. Wen, Nonsense-mediated mRNA decay (NMD) mechanisms. Nat Struct Mol Biol, 2009. 16(2): p. 107-13.
2. Jackson, K.L., et al., Preservation of forelimb function by UPF1 gene therapy in a rat model of TDP-43-induced motor paralysis. Gene Ther, 2015. 22(1): p. 20-8.
3. Barmada, S.J., et al., Amelioration of toxicity in neuronal models of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis by hUPF1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2015. 112(25): p. 7821-6.
4. Brogna, S., T. McLeod, and M. Petric, The Meaning of NMD: Translate or Perish. Trends Genet, 2016. 32(7): p. 395-407.
5. Karousis, E.D., S. Nasif, and O. Muhlemann, Nonsense-mediated mRNA decay: novel mechanistic insights and biological impact. Wiley Interdiscip Rev RNA, 2016. 7(5): p. 661-82.
6. Singh et al. The RNA helicase UPF1 associates with mRNAs co-transcriptionally and is required for the release of mRNAs from gene loci. Elife. 2019 Mar 25;8.
FTE Category A staff submitted: 42.80
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities