This is a fully funded studentship open to science graduates with, or who anticipate obtaining, at least 2.1 or equivalent in relevant biological subject in undergraduate degree, or a Masters degree - subject to university regulations. Open to UK students and eligible EU students who qualify for home-rated fees - see Residential Eligibility Guidelines on website for details. Eligible students will receive minimum annual stipend of £15,009 plus cost of living top-up of £2,200; university registration fees will be paid. Students without English as first language must provide evidence of IELTS score of 7.0, no less than 6.5 in subsections.
• Poliovirus Intrahost Evolution Is Required to Overcome Tissue-Specific Innate Immune Responses. Nat Commun 8 (1), 375 2017. Yinghong Xiao, Patrick Timothy Dolan, Elizabeth Faul Goldstein, Min Li, Mikhail Farkov, Leonid Brodsky, Raul Andino.
• Foot-and-mouth Disease Virus Type O Specific Mutations Determine RNA-dependent RNA Polymerase Fidelity and Virus Attenuation. Virology 518, 87-94 May 2018. Chen Li , Haiwei Wang, Tiangang Yuan, Andrew Woodman, Decheng Yang, Guohui Zhou, Craig E Cameron, Li Yu
• Ultra-deep sequencing for the analysis of viral populations. Current Opinion in Virology Volume 1, Issue 5, November 2011, Pages 413-418. Niko Beerenwinkel, Osvaldo Zagordi
• Mapping the Evolutionary Potential of RNA Viruses. Cell Host Microbe 23 (4), 435-446 2018. Patrick T Dolan, Zachary J Whitfield, Raul Andino
• The Use of Single-Cell RNA-Seq to Understand Virus-Host Interactions. Curr Opin Virol 29, 39-50 Apr 2018. Sara Cristinelli, Angela Ciuffi