About the Project
Project’s i-MareCulture aim is to raise public awareness of European identity by focusing in maritime cultural heritage, which by default bridges different civilizations. In particular, iMareCulture aims in bringing inherently unreachable underwater cultural heritage within digital reach of the wide public by implementing virtual visits, serious games with immersive technologies and underwater augmented reality. Scope of the project is to design, analyze, develop and validate pioneer applications and systems in the context of Virtual Museums through collaborative and innovative research from a diverse group of scientists, researchers, archaeologists, experts and museums.
The project i-MareCulture is unique, innovative and promising, contributing fully to the H2020 Framework and the Digital Agenda for Europe, a H2020 initiative, for New Skills and Jobs. In addition, this project abides by the EU's strategy to become a smart, sustainable and inclusive economy by implementing the knowledge triangle by connecting the Education, Research and Industry by supporting and boosting innovative enterprise to develop their technological breakthroughs into viable products in the area of Virtual Museums and Digital Heritage, with real commercial potential.
Salary will depend on qualifications, skills and past experience.
More informationDetails on the iMareCulture Eu project:
Details on Doctoral Studies at Masaryk University:
Details on admission:
Required applicants skills* highly motivated student
* Master's degree (M.Sc., M.Eng, or equivalent) in computer science or computer engineering
* education background in one or more of the following fields:
augmented reality, computer vision, computer graphics, and human-computer interaction
* interest in applications in cultural heritage
* previous experience in these fields (in particular, augmented reality) would be highly beneficial (evident, for example, in form of publications)
* experience in C++/C#
* fluent in written and spoken English
Application package (to be prepared in English):
* detailed CV (including education, degrees and dates, publications/scientific presentations, skills/experiences in programming languages, project work, academic awards, ...)
* motivation letter explaining why you apply specifically for this project and why you are the perfect candidate
* transcript of the grades from the Master’s and Bachelor's degree
* contact details for two or more academic references
Informal enquiries should be send to Fotis Liarokapis (email: [Email Address Removed])
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.