4 Year DPhil Prize Studentships cover University fees, a tax free stipend of ~£17,009 pa, and up to £5,300 pa for research costs and travel. The competition is open to applicants from all countries. See View Website for full details and to apply.
1. M.Groh and N.Gromak. Out of balance: R-loops in human disease. PLoS Genetics 10(9) (2014).e1004630.
2. M.Groh, M.Lufino, R.Wade-Martins, N.Gromak. R-loops formed over expanded repeats cause transcriptional silencing in Friedreich ataxia and Fragile X syndrome. PLoS Genetics 10 (5) (2014). e1004318.
3. Skourti-Stathaki, K., Proudfoot, N.J., and Gromak, N. (2011). Human senataxin resolves RNA/DNA hybrids formed at transcriptional pause sites to promote Xrn2-dependent termination. Mol Cell 42, 794-805.
4. Groh M, Albulescu LO, Cristini A, Gromak N. Senataxin: Genome Guardian at the Interface of Transcription and Neurodegeneration. J Mol Biol. 2016 Oct 19. 2836(16)30445-4.
5. Kotsantis P, Silva LM, Irmscher S, Jones RM, Folkes L, Gromak N*, Petermann E*. Increased global transcription activity as a mechanism of replication stress in cancer. Nature Commun. 2016 Oct 11;7:13087.
6. Cristini A, Groh M, Kristiansen MS, Gromak N.RNA/DNA Hybrid Interactome Identifies DXH9 as a Molecular Player in Transcriptional Termination and R-Loop-Associated DNA Damage. Cell Rep. 2018 May 8;23(6):1891-1905.
7. Cristini A, Ricci G, Britton S, Salimbeni S, Huang SN, Marinello J, Calsou P, Pommier Y, Favre G, Capranico G, Gromak N*, Sordet O*. Dual Processing of R-Loops and Topoisomerase I Induces Transcription-Dependent DNA Double-Strand Breaks. Cell Rep. 2019 Sep 17;28(12):3167-3181.
FTE Category A staff submitted: 223.80
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities