This project is no longer listed on FindAPhD.com and may not be available.Click here to search FindAPhD.com for PhD studentship opportunities
4 Year DPhil Prize Studentships cover University fees, a tax free stipend of ~£17,009 pa, and up to £5,300 pa for research costs and travel. The competition is open to applicants from all countries. See https://www.path.ox.ac.uk/content/prospective-graduate-students for full details and to apply.
1. M.Groh and N.Gromak. Out of balance: R-loops in human disease. PLoS Genetics 10(9) (2014).e1004630.
2. M.Groh, M.Lufino, R.Wade-Martins, N.Gromak. R-loops formed over expanded repeats cause transcriptional silencing in Friedreich ataxia and Fragile X syndrome. PLoS Genetics 10 (5) (2014). e1004318.
3. Skourti-Stathaki, K., Proudfoot, N.J., and Gromak, N. (2011). Human senataxin resolves RNA/DNA hybrids formed at transcriptional pause sites to promote Xrn2-dependent termination. Mol Cell 42, 794-805.
4. Groh M, Albulescu LO, Cristini A, Gromak N. Senataxin: Genome Guardian at the Interface of Transcription and Neurodegeneration. J Mol Biol. 2016 Oct 19. 2836(16)30445-4.
5. Kotsantis P, Silva LM, Irmscher S, Jones RM, Folkes L, Gromak N*, Petermann E*. Increased global transcription activity as a mechanism of replication stress in cancer. Nature Commun. 2016 Oct 11;7:13087.
6. Cristini A, Groh M, Kristiansen MS, Gromak N.RNA/DNA Hybrid Interactome Identifies DXH9 as a Molecular Player in Transcriptional Termination and R-Loop-Associated DNA Damage. Cell Rep. 2018 May 8;23(6):1891-1905.
7. Cristini A, Ricci G, Britton S, Salimbeni S, Huang SN, Marinello J, Calsou P, Pommier Y, Favre G, Capranico G, Gromak N*, Sordet O*. Dual Processing of R-Loops and Topoisomerase I Induces Transcription-Dependent DNA Double-Strand Breaks. Cell Rep. 2019 Sep 17;28(12):3167-3181.
FTE Category A staff submitted: 223.80
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities