About the Project
In a civil and environmental engineering approach, mathematical models are popular tools for predicting floods since they are more cost-effective. In this project, we are looking for a candidate to work on the advance mathematical approach to predict river flows and analyze their flood tendency, in order to mitigate or prevent flooding. You are going to look into complex river systems with irregular geometry, vegetation and sediment transport to estimate the real-world river flows for your analysis. With our expertise, we could also provide a good supervision to various computational tools and/or experimental techniques for you to work on this project.
2. Pu JH (2019) Turbulent rectangular compound open channel flow study using multi-zonal approach, Environmental Fluid Mechanics, 19(3), 785-800.
3. Pu JH, Hussain A, Guo Y, Vardakastanis N, Hanmaiahgari PR, Lam D (2019) Submerged Flexible Vegetation Impact toward Open Channel Flow Velocity Distribution: An Analytical Modelling Study on Drag and Friction, Water Science and Engineering, 12(2), 121-128.
4. Pu JH, Tait S, Guo Y, Huang Y, Hanmaiahgari PR (2018) Dominant Features in Three-Dimensional Turbulence Structure: Comparison of Non-Uniform Accelerating and Decelerating Flows, Environmental Fluid Mechanics, 18(2), pp. 395-416.
5. Hanmaiahgari PR, Gompa NR, Pal D, Pu JH (2018) Numerical Modeling of the Sakuma Dam Reservoir Sedimentation, Natural Hazards, 91(3), pp. 1075-1096.
6. Pu JH, Wei J, Huang Y (2017) Velocity Distribution and 3D Turbulence Characteristic Analysis for Flow over Water-Worked Rough Bed, Water (MPDI), 9(9), Article No. 668, pp. 1-13.
7. Pu JH (2016) Conceptual Hydrodynamic-Thermal Mapping Modelling for Coral Reefs at South Singapore Sea, Applied Ocean Research, 55, 59-65.
8. Pu JH, Huang Y, Shao S, Hussain K (2016) Three-Gorges Dam Fine Sediment Pollutant Transport: Turbulence SPH Model Simulation of Multi-Fluid Flows, Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics, 9(1), 1-10.
9. Maji S, Pal D, Hanmaiahgari P, Pu JH (2016) Phenomenological Features of Turbulent Hydrodynamics in Sparsely Vegetated Open Channel Flow, Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics, 9(6), 2865-2875.
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.