The scholarship is available as a +3 or a 1+3 programme depending on prior research training. The 1+3 scholarship is for candidates with a first degree in social sciences or a related area but no Masters-level training. For these candidates, the studentship would also provide fees and stipend for the additional year to complete the MRes in Applied Social Research as preparation for undertaking the PhD.
This will be assessed as part of the recruitment process that the PhD is available full time or part time.
The programme will commence in October 2019. It includes:
• an annual maintenance grant at the RCUK rate (2018/19 rate £14,777 full-time)
• fees at the standard Home rate
• students can also draw on a pooled Research Training Support Grant, usually up to a maximum of £750 per year
How to apply
1. Applicants register on GradHub and fill out EO data (this is a requirement of the application process)
2. Applicants download and complete the Word-based application form (download here)
3. Applicants complete the GradHub application form and upload the prescribed list of required documentation to include:
• Application form
• Academic transcripts
The deadline for applications is the 15th March 2019. Applications will be ranked by a selection panel and applicants will be notified if they have been shortlisted for interview by 19th March 2019. Interviews will take place on 25th March 2019.
All scholarship awards are subject to candidates successfully securing admission to a PhD programme within the University of Stirling. Successful scholarship applicants will be invited to apply for admission to the relevant PhD programme after they are selected for funding.
Students must meet ESRC eligibility criteria. ESRC eligibility information can be found here: http://www.esrc.ac.uk/funding-and-guidance/postgraduates/prospective-students/eligibility/index.aspx.