This project is available to UK/EU candidates. Funding covers fees (UK/EU rate) and stipend for four years. Overseas candidates can apply providing they can pay the difference in fees and are from an eligible country. Candidates will be required to split their time between Manchester and Weizmann Institute of Science, as outlined on View Website .
As an equal opportunities institution we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
1. Nik-Zainal S, Kucab JE, Morganella S, Glodzik D, Alexandrov LB, Arlt VM, Weninger A, et al. The genome as a record of environmental exposure. Mutagenesis. 2015;30:763-70.
2. Jones GD, Le Pla RC, Farmer PB. Phosphotriester adducts (PTE): DNA's overlooked lesion. Mutagenesis. 2010;25:3-16.
3. Wu J, Wang P, Wang Y. Cytotoxic and mutagenic properties of alkyl phosphotriester lesions in Escherichia coli cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 2018;46:4013-21.
4. Sedgwick B, Robins P, Totty N, Lindahl T. Functional domains and methyl acceptor sites of the Escherichia coli ada protein. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:4430-3.
5. He C, Wei H, Verdine GL. Converting the sacrificial DNA repair protein N-ada into a catalytic methyl phosphotriester repair enzyme. J Am Chem Soc. 2003;125:1450-1.