Knowledge Media Institute (KMi) - http://kmi.open.ac.uk/
Stipend: £14,553 per year net plus fee bursary, Ref: 9668
Based in Milton Keynes
We are offering a fully-funded PhD studentship in the area of Open Science commencing on 1st October 2017. Applications are invited from UK, EU and international students for full-time, 3-year study.
Recently a growing number of research funders have extended their assessment research criteria from solely publication’s impact to the wider societal impact. The applicant is expected to investigate the impact of Open Science publications and demonstrate it using various Open Science processes/methodologies.
Please contact Dr. Nancy Pontika [email protected]
for further references and to discuss your interest prior to writing your research proposal.
- Understanding of the current scholarly communications environment
- Knowledge of the Open Science and its consisting components
- Understanding of components that impact research
- Understanding of the existing “traditional” research workflows and the Open Science workflows
- Familiarity with Responsible Research and Innovation
- Basic programming skills
- Understanding of the research lifecycle (ability to state hypotheses, design new methods, implement prototypes, evaluate methods, interpret results, adapt methods, etc.)
About the research centre
The Knowledge Media Institute (KMi) is a leading research centre associated with the Open University. Research in KMi focuses on web & data science, natural language processing, artificial intelligence and their applications to solve real-world problems. KMi offers students an intellectually challenging environment with exceptional research and computer facilities.
Deadline for applications: 10th April 2017