This is a CASE studentship in partnership with Waters Corporation and will be funded under the MRC Doctoral Training Programme. If you are interested in this project, please make direct contact with the Supervisor to discuss the project further as soon as possible. You MUST also submit an online application form - full details on how to apply can be found here View Website. Interviews will be held on 25th June.
Applications are invited from UK/EU nationals only. Applicants must have obtained, or be about to obtain, at least an upper second class honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject.
1. AC Kendall, MM Koszyczarek, EA Jones, PJ Hart, M Towers, CEM Griffiths, M Morris, A Nicolaou. Lipidomics for translational skin research: a primer for the uninitiated. (2018) Exp Dermatol (doi: 10.1111/exd.13558).
2. AC Kendall, M Kiezel-Tsugunova, LC Brownbridge, JL Harwood, A Nicolaou. Lipid functions in skin: Differential effects of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids on cutaneous ceramides, in a human skin organ culture model (2017) Biochim Biophys Acta 1859:1679-1689.
3. AC Kendall and A Nicolaou. Bioactive lipid mediators in skin inflammation and immunity (2013) Prog Lipid Res 52; 141-164.
4. Hart PH, Norval M, Byrne SN, Rhodes LE. Exposure to Ultraviolet Radiation in Modulation of Human Diseases (2018) Annu Rev Pathol. In Press.
5. Farrar MD, Nicolaou A, Clarke KA, Mason S, Massey KA, Dew TP, Watson REB, Williamson G, Rhodes LE. A randomized controlled trial of green tea catechins in protection against ultraviolet radiation-induced cutaneous inflammation (2015) Am J Clin Nutr 102: 608-15.