We are inviting applications for studentships for the UK Government's Industrial Strategy in the ESRC accredited South West Doctoral Training Partnership (SWDTP).
About the studentship
Applications must directly address one of the eight challenge areas identified in the Industrial Strategy:
- Robotics and artificial intelligence
- Satellites and space technologies
- Transformative digital technologies
- Cutting-edge healthcare and medicine
- New energy technologies including battery storage and grid technology
- Manufacturing processes and materials of the future
- Creative and cultural industries
Or the following cross cutting challenges:
- Place – understanding the role of industry in driving growth across the whole country and understanding regional variation/policies.
- Transforming business practices – understanding what drives innovation in business and how best to support it.
- Skills – exploring the skills needed by employers and managers to underpin the modern economy.
- Digital Infrastructure – understanding the benefits and challenges of digital technologies and innovative use of data.
Applications must be associated with one of the SWDTP pathways.
You are strongly encouraged to identify a potential supervisor and to discuss their draft research proposal, including the need for a strong collaborative focus.
This funding is available to:
- Full-time or part-time students
- Home/EU (fees only)/International students
How to apply
In order to apply you must:
The closing date for studentship applications is 12:00 noon (BST) on Thursday 1 June 2017.
If you have any further queries then you can email: [email protected]
You can find further information about our funding opportunities
Some or all of the PhD opportunities in this programme have funding attached. Applications for this programme are welcome from suitably qualified candidates worldwide. Funding may only be available to a limited set of nationalities and you should read the full programme details for further information.