Self-funded students: International or domestic self-funded or scholarship/fellowship PhD students are always welcome to apply. International students must have a good command of both written and spoken English. Most importantly, bench fees will be required if you are self-funded. Applications can be made throughout the year.
Selected Macdonald group publications
37. Whitehouse & Macdonald (2015). Stathmin drives virus-induced metastasis. Oncotarget. In press.
36. Richards, Wasson, Watherston, Doble, Blair, Wittmann & Macdonald (2015). Human papillomavirus (HPV) E7 protein antagonises a novel imiquimod-induced inflammatory pathway in primary keratinocytes. Scientific Reports. 13;5: 12922.
35. Muller, Wasson, Bhatia, Boxall, Millan, Goh, Haas, Stonehouse & Macdonald (2015). YIP1 family member 4 (YIPF4) is a novel cellular binding partner of the papillomavirus E5 proteins. Scientific Reports. 3;5:12523.
34. Igloi, Kazlauskas, Saksela, Macdonald, Mankouri and Harris (2015). The hepatitis C virus NS5A protein blocks EGFR degradation via a proline motif dependent interaction. Journal of General Virology pii: vir.0.000145. doi: 10.1099/vir.0.000145.
33. Barnard, Long, Martin, Miles, Edwards, Tomlinson, Macdonald & Wilson*. (2015). Selective and Potent Proteomimetic Inhibitors of Intracellular Protein-Protein Interactions. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2;54(10):2960-5.
32. Knight, Stakaityte, Abdul-Sada, Blair, Stevens, Macdonald, Blackbourn & Whitehouse. (2015). Merkel cell polyomavirus small T antigen mediates microtubule destabilisation to promote cell motility and migration. Journal of Virology. 89:35-47.
31. Muller, Prescott, Wasson & Macdonald (2015). Human papillomavirus E5 oncoprotein: function and potential target for antiviral therapeutics. Future Virology 10 (1): 27-40.
30. Stakaityte, Wood, Knight, Abdul-Sada, Azdahar, Nwogu, Macdonald & Whitehouse (2014). Merkel cell polyomavirus: insights into the most recently discovered human tumour virus. Cancers 01/2014 6(3):1267-1297.
29. Wittmann, Doble, Wasson, Richards, Haider, Bachmann, Pfeilschifter, Werfel, Muhl & Macdonald (2014). Regulation of interleukin-18 binding protein, a critical anti-inflammatory cytokine in health and infectious disease. British Journal of Dermatology. 170:E19-20.
28. Richards, Doble, Wasson, Blair, Wittmann & Macdonald (2014). Human Papillomavirus E7 Oncoprotein Increases Production of the Anti-Inflammatory Interleukin-18 Binding Protein in Keratinocytes. Journal of Virology 88(8):4173-9.
27. Griffiths, Abdul-Sada, Knight, Jackson, Richards, Prescott, Peach, Blair, Macdonald* & Whitehouse* (2013). Merkel cell polyomavirus small T antigen targets the NEMO adaptor protein to disrupt inflammatory signalling. Journal of Virology 87(24):13853-67
FTE Category A staff submitted: 60.90
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities