Applicants should already have or be expected to obtain a First or upper Second Class degree in a relevant discipline. This studentship is fully funded for three years. It covers tuition fees at the UK/EU rate and includes a stipend at the standard Research Council rate (currently £16,296 per annum). Funding is available for UK and EU students.
1. Chen P E, Geballe M T, Katz E, Erreger K, Livesey M R, O'Toole K K, Le P, Lee C J, Snyder J P, Traynelis S F and Wyllie D J. Modulation of glycine potency in rat recombinant NMDA receptors containing chimeric NR2A/2D subunits expressed in Xenopus laevis oocytes. (2008) Journal of Physiology. 586:227-45.
2. Wrighton D C, Baker E J, Chen P E and Wyllie D J. Mg2+ and memantine block of rat recombinant NMDA receptors containing chimeric NR2A/2D subunits expressed in Xenopus laevis oocytes. (2008) Journal of Physiology. 586:211-25.
3. Erreger K, Geballe M T, Kristensen A, Chen P E, Hansen K B, Lee C J, Yuan H, Le P, Lyuboslavsky P N, Micale N, Jorgensen L, Clausen R P, Wyllie D J, Snyder J P and Traynelis S F. Subunit-specific agonist activity at NR2A-, NR2B-, NR2C-, and NR2D-containing N-methyl-D-aspartate glutamate receptors. (2007) Molecular Pharmacology. 72:907-20.
4. Wyllie DJA and Chen PE. Taking the time to study competitive antagonism. (2007) British Journal of Pharmacology.150: 541-51.
5. Frizelle PA, Chen PE and Wyllie DJA. Equilibrium constants for NVP-AAM077 acting on recombinant NR1/NR2A and NR1/NR2B NMDA receptors: implications for studies of synaptic transmission. (2006) Molecular Pharmacology. 70: 1022-1032.
6. Chen PE and Wyllie DJ. Pharmacological insights obtained from structure-function studies of ionotropic glutamate receptors. (2006) British Journal of Pharmacology. 147:839-53.
7. Chen PE, Geballe MT, Stansfeld PJ, Johnston AR, Yuan H, Jacob AL, Snyder JP, Traynelis SF and Wyllie DJ. Structural features of the glutamate binding site in recombinant NR1/NR2A N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors determined by site-directed mutagenesis and molecular modeling.(2005) Molecular Pharmacology. 67:1470-84.
FTE Category A staff submitted: 24.00
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities