This project is no longer listed in the FindAPhD
database and may not be available.
Funding is from Lucite International and the Faculty of Biological Sciences, University of Leeds, and will cover fees at UK/EU level and a stipend of £13,000 per year.
1. Kroeger, Hassan, Vörös, Simm, Saidijam, Bettaney, Bechtold, Paulsen, Henderson, and Kolstø (2015). “Bacillus cereus efflux protein BC3310 - a multidrug transporter of the unknown major facilitator family, UMF-2.” Article 1063. Frontiers Microbiol. 6, 1-12.
2. Hassan, Elbourne, Li, Gamage, Liu, Jackson, Sharples, Kolsto, Henderson and Paulsen, (2015) “An ace up their sleeve: a transcriptomic approach exposes the AceI efflux protein of Acinetobacter baumannii and reveals the drug efflux potential hidden in many microbial pathogen”. Article 333 in “Bad bugs in the XXIst century: resistance mediated by multi-drug efflux pumps in Gram-negative bacteria”. Frontiers Microbiol. 6, 1-5.
3. Hassan, Liu, Henderson, and Paulsen (2015) “Homologs of the Acinetobacter baumannii AceI transporter - a new family of bacterial multidrug efflux systems”. mBio 6 e01982-14, 1-5.
4. Jackson, Patching, Hassan, Paulsen, Hussain, Siligardi, and Henderson, (2014) “Tackling bacterial resistance to antiseptics”. Diamond Light Source Annual Review, 32-33.
5. Hassan, Jackson, Penesyan, Patching, Tetu, Eijkelkamp, Brown, Henderson and Paulsen, (2013) “Transcriptomic and biochemical analyses identify a novel family of chlorhexidine efflux proteins”. Proc Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 110 (50), 20254-20259.
6. Simm, Vörös, Ekman, Sødring, Nes, Kroeger, Saidijam, Bettaney, Henderson, Salkinoja-Salonen, Kolstø, (2012) "BC4707 is a MFS Multidrug Resistance Transport Protein from Bacillus cereus implicated in fluoroquinolone tolerance". PLoS ONE 7, e36720.
7. Saidijam, Bettaney, Leng, Ma, Xu, Rutherford, Henderson, Szakonyi, Ren, Paulsen, Nes, Kroger, and Kolsto (2010) ‘The MFS efflux proteins of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria’. Adv. Enzymol. 77, 147-166.
FTE Category A staff submitted: 60.90
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities