This project is no longer listed in the FindAPhD
database and may not be available.
This project has a Band 3 fee. Details of our different fee bands can be found on our website. For information on how to apply for this project, please visit the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health Doctoral Academy website. Informal enquiries may be made directly to the primary supervisor.
• Kung L, Rajpar MH, Briggs MD, Boot-Handford RP (2012) Hypertrophic chondrocytes have a limited capacity to cope with increases in endoplasmic reticulum stress without triggering the unfolded protein response. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 60, 734-748.
• Cameron TL, Bell KM, Tatarczuch L, Mackie EJ, Rajpar MH, McDermott BT, Boot-Handford RP, Bateman JF. (2011) Transcriptional Profiling of Chondrodysplasia Growth Plate Cartilage Reveals Adaptive ER-Stress Networks That Allow Survival but Disrupt Hypertrophy. PLoS One. 2011;6(9):e24600.
• Boot-Handford RP, Briggs MD (2010) The unfolded protein response and its relevance to connective tissue diseases. Cell Tissue Res. 339, 197–211
• Rajpar MH, McDermott B, Kung L, Eardley R, Knowles L, Heeran M, Thornton DJ, Wilson R, Bateman JF, Poulsom R, Arvan P, Kadler KE, Briggs MD, Boot-Handford RP (2009) Targeted Induction of Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress Induces Cartilage Pathology. PLoS Genet. Oct;5(10):e1000691.
• Bateman JF, Boot-Handford RP, Lamandé SR (2009) Genetic diseases of connective tissues: cellular and extracellular effects of ECM mutations Nat. Rev. Genet. 10(3), 173-83