This project is no longer listed in the FindAPhD
database and may not be available.
Applications are invited from self-funding applicants only. Overseas applicants will need to meet the UoB English requirements which are IELTS of 7.0 overall with no less than 6.5 in any band or Pearson Academic test.
1. Raza K, Curnow J, Taylor E, Lee K, Kitas G, Akbar A, Lord J, Gordon C, Buckley C, Salmon M (2005) Very early rheumatoid arthritis is characterised by a unique and transient synovial cytokine profile of T cell and stromal origin. Arthr. Res.Therapy. 7: R784-795.
2. Butcher SK, Killampalli V, Lascelles D, Wang K, Alpar EK and Lord JM (2005) Raised cortisol:DHEAS ratios in the elderly after injury:potential impact upon neutrophil function and immunity. Aging Cell 4: 319-324.
3. Panda A, Arjona A, Sapey E, Bai F, Fikrig E, Montgomery RR, Lord JM*, Shaw AC*
(2009) Human innate immunosenescence: causes and consequences for immunity in old age. Trends Immunol. 30:325-333.
4. Hazeldine J, Hampson P, Lord JM (2012) Reduced release and binding of perforin at the immunological synapse underlies the age-related decline in Natural Killer cell cytotoxicity. Aging Cell 11:751-759.
5. Duggal NA, Upton JA, Phillips AC, Sapey E, Lord JM (2013) An age-related numerical and functional deficit in CD19+CD24hiCD38hi B cells is associated with an increase in systemic autoimmunity. Aging Cell 12:873-881.
FTE Category A staff submitted: 164.15
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities