This project has a Band 3 fee. Details of our different fee bands can be found on our website. For information on how to apply for this project, please visit the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health Doctoral Academy website. Informal enquiries may be made directly to the primary supervisor.
1. Bose M, Olivan B, Laferrere B (2009) Stress and obesity: the role of the hyopthalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis in metabolic disease. Current Opinion in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Obesity 16(5):340-6
2. Yi CX, Foppen E, Abplanalp W, Gao Y, Alkemade A, la Fleur SE, Serlie MJ, Fliers E, Buijs RM, Tschop MH, Kalsbeek A (2012). Glucocorticoid signaling in the arcuate nucleus modulates hepatic insulin sensitivity. Diabetes 61(2):339-45
3. Harno E, Cottrell EC, Keevil BG, DeSchoolmeester J, Bohlooly-Y M, Anderssen H, Turnbull AV, Leighton B, White A (2013). 11-Dehydrocorticosterone Causes Metabolic Syndrome, Which Is Prevented when 11-HSD1 is Knocked Out in livers of male mice. Endocrinology 154(10):3599-609
4. Pritchard LE, Oliver RL, McLoughlin JD, Birtles S, Lawrence CB, Turnbull AV & White A (2003) Pro-opiomelanocortin (POMC) derived peptides in rat cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) and hypothalamic extracts: evidence that secretion is regulated with respect to energy balance. Endocrinology 144 (3):760-6
5. Pritchard L E and White A (2007) Minireview: Neuropeptide Processing and Its Impact on Melanocortin Pathways. Endocrinology 148 (9): 4201-7