This project has a Band 2 fee. Details of our different fee bands can be found on our website. For information on how to apply for this project, please visit the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health Doctoral Academy website. Informal enquiries may be made directly to the primary supervisor.
•  Ward DT, Mughal MZ, Ranieri M, Dvorak MM, Valenti G, Riccardi D (2013) Molecular and Clinical Analysis of a Neonatal Severe Hyperparathyroidism Case Caused by a Stop Mutation in the Calcium-Sensing Receptor Extracellular Domain Representing in Effect a Human “Knockout”. Eur J Endocrinol. 169, K1-7
•  Lazarus S, Pretorius C, Khafagi F, Campion KL, Brennan SC, Conigrave AD, Brown EM, Ward DT (2011) A novel mutation of the primary protein kinase C phosphorylation site in the calcium-sensing receptor causes autosomal dominant hypocalcemia. Eur J Endocrinol. 164, 429–435.
•  McCormick WD, Atkinson-Dell R, Campion KL, Mun H-C, Conigrave AD, Ward DT (2010) Increased Receptor Stimulation Elicits Differential Calcium-Sensing ReceptorT888 Dephosphorylation. J Biol Chem 285, 14170-14177.
•  Davies SL, Ozawa A, McCormick WD, Dvorak MM, Ward DT (2007) Protein kinase C-mediated phosphorylation of the Ca2+-sensing receptor is stimulated by receptor activation and attenuated by calyculin-sensitive phosphatase activity. J Biol Chem 282, 15048-15056.
•  Conigrave AD, Ward DT (2013) Calcium-sensing receptor (CaSR): Pharmacological properties and signaling pathways. (Review) Best Practice & Res Clin Endocrinol & Metab 27, 315-331.