Understanding depression and treatment in South Asian (Pakistani/Indian/Bangladeshi) populations
A PhD project with Dr Qulsom Fazil (http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/staff/profiles/cem/neubio/Fazil-Qulsom.aspx) will focus on understanding the expression of depression and social treatment approaches of recovery in people from South Asian backgrounds. Depression in certain South Asian populations is reported to be high, the research will explore the nature of depression and how it manifests itself in a selected population group and will explore social treatment approaches and their impact.
Applicants should have a strong background in a social science discipline, psychology, sociology etc. They should have a commitment to cross cultural health research and hold or realistically expect to obtain at least an Upper Second Class Honours Degree in a social science discipline.
How to apply:
Informal enquiries should be directed to Dr Qulsom Fazil, email email@example.com
Applications should be directed to Viktorija Ziabliceva (firstname.lastname@example.org). To apply, please send:
• A detailed CV, including your nationality and country of birth;
• Names and addresses of two referees;
• A covering letter highlighting your research experience/capabilities;
• Copies of your degree certificates with transcripts;
• Evidence of your proficiency in the English language, if applicable.