A PhD project with Dr Qulsom Fazil (http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/staff/profiles/cem/neubio/Fazil-Qulsom.aspx) will focus on physical activity and its connection to health in people from South Asian backgrounds. The low level of physical activity reported by South Asians are a cause for concern and there is a need for work to better understand the meaning of physical activity and to explore innovative approaches to physical activity in these groups that are culturally and socially acceptable within the lives of individuals..
Applicants should have a strong background in a social science discipline, psychology, sociology, sport science, etc. They should have a commitment to cross cultural health research and hold or realistically expect to obtain at least an Upper Second Class Honours Degree in a social science discipline.
How to apply:
Informal enquiries should be directed to Dr Qulsom Fazil, email [email protected]
Applications should be directed to Viktorija Ziabliceva ([email protected]
). To apply, please send:
• A detailed CV, including your nationality and country of birth;
• Names and addresses of two referees;
• A covering letter highlighting your research experience/capabilities;
• Copies of your degree certificates with transcripts;
• Evidence of your proficiency in the English language, if applicable.